So here is the story of our twins!!
Wednesday March 2nd....( I am 34.2 weeks along) I was excited for this day because I had nothing to do! I had no where to go and was just ready to relax and take it easy all day. Makenna was at school, Hannah and Alexa were watching a movie. All morning I had been laying down in my bed relaxing and catching up on a couple of my TV shows.
I guess the girls movie had ended and mine had to. The girls came in and each of them had to go to the bathroom, so they went and I was thinking to myself, "well I better get in the shower since it is 11:45am," so before I went to get in I needed to go to the bathroom myself. I went and when I stood up, I pulled my pants up, and there it came..... a little gush. OH CRAP!!! So I sat back down on the toilet and sure enough, the liquid just kept coming out.
I grabbed the phone and called Matt. I told him that this wasn't a joke and I was pretty sure my water just broke. I told him that I would call the Dr. and call him back. So I talked to the nurse and she told me to come into Labor and Delivery. I called Matt back and told him to meet me at the hospital. Then I called my mom, who was still at work, and told her. She told me to sit down and she'd be there to pick me up. About 20 min. later my mom came and got me and the girls. She got the girls in the car, as I waddled outside with a towel between my legs.
We hit every red light, and had a police man behind us the whole time, but we finally made it. Matt was there waiting at the front with a wheel chair, ready to take me in. We told my mom that we'd call her, and headed in.
We got into a room, where they hooked me up to an IV and put the monitors on the babies to watch them. Everything kind of got crazy. I told them that I had taken my heparin shot at 930 that morning and nobody seemed to care. I was thinking, don't you need to check my levels to make sure I am okay to be CUT OPEN?!!? But nobody did anything. I sat there while they checked stuff out, called the Dr. etc.
Then around 2:30 pm, the anesthesiologist came in and talked to me about how they needed to check my levels because of the heparin. Duh! I knew that. Then he talks to us about if it is too high, they might just put me all the way under, or other options. I didn't want to be put under though, I've been awake for all my babies and I wanted to be awake for this too. So they send in a lab worker to take my blood and send it down for testing. And we wait and wait, finally at like 4:00 pm they come in and say everything looks great and to get me into the OR room.
They get Matt and my sister Stefanie.... Stefanie has always wanted to see one of my C-Sections and since I have delivered at Cottonwood and the U, they said only one person could go in to the OR room with me, obviously Matt, but this time I am at Jordan Valley and he told me she could come in and watch, which she was really excited for..... anyway they get Matt and Stefanie in their scrubs and take me into the room where he does the Spinal epidural thing. I lay down and wait.
They bring in Matt and Stefanie and start the process. After a little while of cutting, at 4:43 pm, here comes our little boy, and I hear cries! What a beautiful sound to hear those little cries of a baby. They show him to us, wrap him up and let Matt hold him for a minute. "He looks like Hannah", I say. Then they take him to the NICU. 3 minutes later at 4:46 pm, with a little bit of tugging and getting her feet out of my ribs, here comes our little baby girl! Cries again!! This time, they don't let Matt hold her, they show her to us and hurry her to the NICU. There all done!
The babies were here and healthy! Our little Andrew (Drew) Matthew Hood was 3 lbs 12 oz and 16 1/2 in. long. Our little Sophie Anne Hood was 4 lbs 8 oz and 18 1/2 in. long. Sophie had trouble breathing and they had to put her on a ventilator and oxygen. Drew was fine.
So that is the story of their births. I can't believe that I had two kids at the same time. I am a mother of 4 beautiful girls and 1 handsome little boy!!
Here is Stefanie all ready to come watch the C-Section...
Our little baby Drew with daddy!
3 days ago



2 comments:
I love your story! :) They are so darn cute! Congratulations again!
That is such a Stefanie pose. Congratulations!! They are adorable!!
Post a Comment