Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July weekend!!!



Over the 4th of July, we went with my entire family to Heber Valley camp. We got there on Friday afternoon, and when everybody was there and settled, we walked down to the lake where we got to go in canoes and paddle boats. It was really relaxing just sitting in the canoe, while Matt did all the paddling. After the lake, we came back to camp and ate dinner, and just sat around the camp fire, eating smores and talking. We told stories, and just had fun.

On Saturday, we went back to the lake in the morning, and then around 11:00, we went to this challenge course that the camp puts on. They do trust courses, and then they have a "high course" where you walk up a pole, then you cross a beam, and go down a zip line. I did it, and then as I was coming back up, I see Makenna already starting across the beam. She was so good, she just zipped up that pole and across that beam and wasn't even nervous at all. She really is so brave. It was pretty high, so I thought that she might be scared, but she wasn't. She just thought it was fun, and wanted to do it again.

After we loaded up camp, we went back to our home and showered!!! Then we went to my parents house, where we ate dinner and did fireworks. It was lots of fun getting to spend time with my family and have a little camping trip.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad you had fun! I'm still trying to recover! I think I have the cutest grandkids in the whole world!!!!

Brianna said...

Hey!!! I miss you guys so much!!! You have a way cute blog!!! and i just wanted to tell you that i updated my blog, so if you gave up on looking at it cuz it was the same thing the whole time (ha ha), its updated now :D!! ha ha cya soon!!!

Brittany said...

That sounds like so much fun! Way to go Makenna!! I get scared doing those things!! hahaha! Glad you had a happy 4th!