Wednesday, July 29, 2009

1st Day of 1st Grade

Makenna had her 1st day as a 1st grader yesterday. I keep saying how weird it is that she is going to school all day, but that is just how it is, weird. Yesterday, being the 1st day of school, Makenna wanted me to take her to school. So we got there and we went inside, I took her lunch money to the office, weird... she is eating lunch at school now!!, then we went into her classroom, we were the only ones in there, so she put her backpack away, then as I was getting ready to say goodbye, I totally got choked up and started crying. I really didn't think that I was going to cry, but I did. I just can't believe how old she is and that she is in school ALL DAY!!!!

When she got home, she said she had so much fun. They even had 3 recesses to go outside and play. They had a "sneak a snack", because they don't eat lunch till 1:00pm, so at the 10:30 recess, they get to bring a snack to eat to get them through. She really likes her teacher, and so do I. She seems really nice, and seems like she is going to be a really good teacher. Makenna says that she looks like GG, My mom, and she kind of does, actually.

Well my little baby is a big girl, now. Going to school all by herself all day long. The bus picks her up at 8:30 am, and then it drops her off at 4:06 pm. All I can say is that is kind of nice to only have 2 kids through out the day, but I did miss her, and it is just as I said before, WEIRD!!!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute and grown up! Good luck with 1st grade, it is definitly a transition for both mom and kid.

Bethany said...

Hi Liza! It is sad the day your child goes to 1st grade all day long! That was me last year with Kyson. Who's her teacher? If it's Mrs.Forman, Kyson loved her!!! If not, sounds like she got a wonderful teacher! Miss you and Bri's excited to see you soon!