Monday, November 30, 2009

Makenna and Hannah's new hair....

Last Wednesday, Matt and I went out with our friends to dinner and a movie(we saw Blindside, which was AWESOME, by the way) anyway, my sister, Stefanie watched the girls for us. When we dropped them off, I told Stef to "trim" Makenna's hair a couple inches, and to cut Hannah's hair, so that there was a style to it.

During dinner, we got a phone call from Stef, telling us that she cut Makenna's hair, like really short. I was so sad, when she texted me a picture of her with her short hair. Makenna's hair was so long and beautiful, that I just wasn't happy about it being so short. I am okay now, but I still wish it was longer. Makenna really loves it and wanted it to be short, cause all her girl cousins on my side have shorter hair, and she wanted it short like them. Stefanie thought it would be okay to have a six year old decide how they want their own hair. I don't... I think the mom gets to decide. Oh well, like Stefanie said, It's just hair, and it will grow back, it will just take some time.

I do really like Hannah's hair. Her hair was so thin, that it needed something done with it, so now I can actually leave it down and it looks cute.
Here are the pics of how their hair looked a few weeks ago when we had pictures done and now. It is hard for Hannah because I never left it down, to see the big difference....

Hannah before:



Hannah after:





>

Makenna before:



Makenna after:



5 comments:

Julia said...

Their haircuts are so cute! So fun to see what your little family is up to. :)

Mom said...

I love Hannah's hair--she looks so grown-up! I love Makenna's hair, too. She's so cute no matter if her hair is long or short!!

The Dabo's said...

Oh my goodness! I would die!!! She cut so much, I hope she was able to donate it. Hannah is a doll, they both are.

Anonymous said...

That is a drastic change! I don't blame you for having been upset. I think they both look so cute, though!

Brianna said...

I love and miss your girls so much! Makenna has beautiful hair, and it will grow back:) but it is really cute now, too! And Hannah's hair is adorable also!!!! I miss you guys so much!! Love you!!!