Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snowboarding!!

Last Saturday, Matt and I finally used some passes that we got from Christmas from Matt's parents, and went snowboarding at Snowbird. When we got there I was excited, but then Matt led us to a lift. When we were going up, it just kept going and kept going, and going, and I was asking why we were going on the longest lift, and he kept telling me to stop worrying. But it started to remind me a whole lot of the time we went snowboarding when we were dating, and he took me up on a hard trail, and I was hurting so bad from falling, that I took my snowboard off and walked down the hill. And ya, it starting to be just like that. The snow was really icy, and it felt like I was trying to go down on rocks. I kept falling and I was really hurting and I was ready to take off the snowboard and walk down.
But Matt kept telling me, to just keep going. So we went slow, and we would stop and take breaks, and let me rest, and then get up and keep going. About half way down, I started to get better and I was staying up longer, plus the snow wasn't as bad, half way down. So we finally got down and we went on a smaller lift, and I went down that one pretty good too.
So it took us 2 hours to go down 2 runs, and one of those runs was really short!! It was lunch time, so we went to the car, and ate our lunch that we packed. I was hurting and tired, so I told Matt that I thought I was done, and was just going to stay in the car and read, which I did.
Matt went back up on the slopes and went down the hard ones, and jumps, all his kind of things. He got 5 runs done, the long ones, in an hour and a half. He had fun, and I had fun reading.
Overall it was fun. I tried and didn't give up!! Yeah me!! And I got to have a couple hours to read, while Matt had fun, and didn't get held back!! Here's a couple pics, on the slopes!!



3 comments:

Stef said...

Sounds like you guys had fun, although I think I can hear the conversation in my head right now: Liza: "Honey, why are we going so high"?
Matt: "Honey, it's okay, it will be fine"!
Liza: "HOney, I dont like this idea"!
ha ha... you make me laugh!

Bethany said...

Cute Blog! Thanks for the invite! Snowboarding looked like fun! Your girls are adorable! Brianna is looking forward to babysitting on Sat!

Nick and Tanya and Family said...

Sounds like fun, I have not been snowboarding yet, but nick took Domanik last year and he loved it. So I guess I am still a skier. Also having a few hours to read is always nice!!!