Last week, my mom called me and said that my Grandpa, Papa Larry, wasn't doing too well. So I decided to go visit him on Friday, with the girls. When we first got there, I could totally see what my mom was talking about. He was having trouble breathing, and was just sitting in his chair, looking exausted.
When he first saw us, I really thought he was going to act like the last time I went there, and not know us. But as soon as he saw the kids, he totally perked up. He acted like he knew who we were. He didn't know our names, but he knew we were his Grandchildren.
He was so happy to see us, the kids especially. He told me that he'd been praying that the kids would come visit him, and that this was the best thing that could have happened, having us come and see him. He was just so happy to see them. He kept telling us that he loved us, and even started singing his special song that he always sang to us as kids, "Papa loves his baby!"
Alexa was being funny, and making faces at him, and he was just laughing. Makenna was so sweet and just sat by Papa and held his hand, and Hannah just kept shutting the door to Papa's room (any surprise there?) He kept asking me what their names were, and how old they were. But I could just tell, that it totally made his day, to have the little kids there talking to him. It's like they gave him a little bit of hope in his life. Here's a picture of my Papa, with the girls!!
3 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment