For the last month or so, I decided to do a reward chart for Makenna so that she would stop sucking her thumb. So I made up a reward chart that had the numbers 1-30 listed on it, and each day that she didn't suck her thumb, she got to put a sticker on it. After she didn't suck her thumb for 30 times, she got a new bike. She needed one anyway because she was still riding the one that she's had since she was 2, and I just figured that this would be a good way to get her to stop doing something that she's now too old to be doing.
Well it totally worked. After about 2 weeks, so wasn't even trying not to suck her thumb, she just wasn't doing it anymore!! I am so proud of her. She has been sucking her thumb since she was 4 months old, so I knew it was going to be a hard habit to break. I have tried something like this a couple of years ago, but I don't think she was old enough and ready to really stop!! This time worked and I think it's great that I don't have to be saying to her all the time, "Get your thumb out of your mouth!!!"
3 days ago
2 comments:
Yay for Makenna!! Now she doesn't have to get teased in First grade!
Good for Makenna. Its the best when your kids make a huge step like that. What a big girl
Post a Comment