I went to Boise this weekend for my niece's baptism, and Matt was out of town for work. So yes I did drive by myself for 5 hours with three little girls. They were actually pretty good, on the way there Makenna kept asking if we were there yet, like 10,000 times!!! Seriously child!! Once we got there the kids had fun playing with all their cousins, and let me tell you, it was not a very quiet weekend with all those kids, I think there is 16.
Kaijsa's baptism was really neat. It is so weird to think that she's 8 now. Starting this year for the next at least 8 years, we will have at least 1 baptism every year from the cousins on my side. We have one more in a couple of weeks, 3 next year, and then Makenna is after that. I totally cried too. I don't know if it is because I know that in just 2 1/2 short years Makenna will be there too!
Now comes the death part of this post... Matt got home from his trip on Saturday at like midnight, so on the way home yesterday, Matt tells me that when he got home, he went to feed our fish Rainbow, and he couldn't see him so he lifted up the little castle in his tank, and he was just floating on the bottom, dead. Matt thinks that it was because the last time Matt changed the water, he put him in it right away, when usually you are supposed to let the water sit and so the fish gets used to it. For the past few weeks since Matt did that, Rainbow, just wasn't eating and we kind of thought that he was sick.
Then when we got home yesterday, Makenna said to Matt that he needed to feed Rainbow, and that's when Matt told her that he died. She cried for a little bit, and just said that she wanted to get a new pet like a dog. Later that night when Matt was putting Alexa to bed, Makenna looked at me and said,
"So where is Rainbow"
Me: "He went to fish heaven"
Makenna: "But where is he? Did Daddy eat Rainbow?"
I started laughing.
Me: "No Daddy didn't eat Rainbow, he just had to flush him down the toilet and then Rainbow, goes to fish heaven."
Makenna: "Gross"
I love these kids of mine, they are so cute and innocent. So good bye Rainbow, we'll miss you. He was our first pet, so hopefully we'll do better with the next pet!
3 days ago
6 comments:
Puppys are nice pets, or kittens. They are too big to flush down the toilet, though.
That was a funny story! Too bad about Rainbow--just remember, there are other fish in the sea!
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that rainbow died!!! That is sad! Sounds like a fun weekend otherwise!
Glad Boise was fun. Sorry about rainbow, he probably died of humiliation because his name was rainbow and he was a boy. Just don't go out and get a dog now, big mistake.
You are a brave mom!! I have driven to Cali with just me and my two kids and that just about did me in. But how fun.
Ha Ha, that is funny that Kenna thought that Matt ate your fish! It sounds like she took it really well. Makaylee's first pet was a SNAIL and she still get's sad whenever she thinks about it dying! I don't think we will try pets any time soon!
Post a Comment