Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Girls Camp 2009!!!

Last week, I went to GIRLS CAMP!!! I absolutely love girls camp. We always have the best and most spiritual times there. Our theme for this year was "Stand in Holy Places." It was on a ward level, so we ended up going to Matt's parents cabin for it. We had nine girls go this year, so for us it was a great turnout. We only have 12 young women, so there were only 3 who couldn't go.

When we first got there, we let the girls set up their tent.....



While us leaders, watched on the sidelines....




Later that night, after dinner and such, we decided to go on a snipe hunt... WARNING: SNIPE HUNT SPOILER!!!!

There were like 5 girls who had never been on one. So we put toothpaste on our faces to attract the snipes, but also so they won't bite us, grabbed our pillowcases, and headed out for the hunt. It was so fun, we went on a walk and had a few people spot a snipe. There were a few girls who were kind of scared, but they still had fun with it....



Oh, and one of our Young Women, Rachelle, actually caught one for us.... It was so funny, she started screaming, "I got one, I got one",everyone runs over to her and it really looked like there was something in her pillowcase, so she opens it up, and there it was, our snipe!!!....




The next morning, we woke up and started on our hike. The previous day, we had the girls make a flag and put on it a symbol of what they would want to represent them, or something that they want to strive to become. We had them take the flags with them on our hike. Also with that, we gave them all an egg and had told them that it was their most prized possession. After walking for 5 minutes, we had 4 girls give up their eggs, for us to hold. After we had a few of them we threw them on the ground.

When we got to the end of our hike we talked about our flags and everyone shared why they choose the symbol that they did. It was a really neat, and spiritual experience. We also talked about the eggs and related it to being virtuous and how they need to be virtuous girls and be careful in life, and how Satan is right there trying to tempt them to give into things.




On Friday, we had the opportunity to go to the Manti Temple and do baptisms for the dead. It was so pretty inside and everyone had such a great experience getting to be there inside the temple and feel of the great spirit that was with us. I just have to say that I am so proud of these young women. Every single one of them, had a temple recommend and got to be inside the temple.





After the temple, that night we had the bishop along with his wife come up. We had dinner and had an awesome testimony meeting. After testimony meeting, we had a yuumy dessert called smoreitos!! Then we stayed up till 2:00 in the morning playing the Great Dall Moody. It's like scum, for those who don't know, it just has it's own cards, instead of using face cards, and we play with funny hats. It really is so fun and the best game ever!!!



So as you can see, we had such a fun Girls Camp. This is my third camp with our ward, and I really truly hope that I will still be in there next year, so that I can go yet another year. I love my young women, I can't think of a better group of girls. No drama, no fighting, just everyone being friends with eachother. GIRLS CAMP IS THE BEST!!!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

How fun!!! You would be the best girls camp leader ever!!!! The girls are lucky to have you! I'm sure the girls all think so too!!

Mom said...

Looks like you had fun. You look just like you're still in YW! It's nice they have fun leaders like you!

Bethany said...

Brianna had the best time! Thanks to you and all the leaders for all your hard work and being such an awesome example to the girls especially my girl! She misses everyone already! I miss you all too! I enjoyed the pics! Thanks! :)