Saturday, Matt and I went to Burley Idaho for him to do a triathlon. If any of you are wondering if it is the same one that, that man died in, it is the same. If you have watched the news, a man died while doing the swimming portion. He was in a few groups after Matt, but they had anounced that a man had gone under and hadn't recovered the body. I had no idea when it happened they didn't say how old he was or anything, so I was freaking out and just standing by the bike finish, waiting for Matt to come through. It seemed like forever, but he finally came through. They ended up finding the man's body 30 minutes after he went under and had a dive team and everything there looking. It was scary. So on a better note, here are some pictures of Matt doing his stuff. He swam a mile, biked 25 miles, and then ran 6 miles. I am so proud of him. He did awesome. He finished the race in 2 hrs. 53 min. which I think is pretty good, especially since he really didn't train all that much, except for the running part!!! Good Job, Matt!! I Love You!! Here he is coming through the finish line of the bikes.
Starting his 6 mile run!
At the finish line, you can't see really good, but he is the one in front.
Afterwards, he was dead. He had to sit down for like 20 minutes.
I know the picture is sideways, but here he is with his "SPUDMAN" metal!!
3 days ago
1 comments:
Good job Matt! I'm trying to figure out if your just really determined...or just plain CRAZY! Just kidding! Good Job!
Post a Comment