Saturday, December 27, 2008

My hospital trip

On Monday the 22nd, I woke up and started to get ready, when all of the sudden, my vision started to get blurry, it was like I was looking into a white cloud, and throughout the day, it just got worse. So at 4:00 I called the eye doctor and they said that since it was getting worse, I better get to and ER. So I went to Jordan Valley Hospital, where they wanted to do an MRI, to make sure it didn't have anything to do with the blood clot that I had in my brain, when I was pregnant with Alexa, so they did that and everything came back great! No more blood clot, everything is completely gone!! That's the good news, the bad news, they weren't sure why I couldn't see out of my left eye.
They had me go up to the University Hospital, and had the eye doctor come in and look at my eyes and run some tests, and decided that my eyes may becoming contact intolerant. I had these popularise, or something like that under my eyelids, they are just like little bumps, but it was affecting my vision. So they gave me some steroid eye drops to use for the next 5 days, and said that I can't wear my contacts for at least 2 weeks, and to just wear my glasses,YUCK!! Then told me to go see this eye Dr. at the Moran eye center on Monday,(today).
So I went back in today, and she said that my eyes look really good, and that it was a good thing I had gone in because I almost could have had a corneal ulcer in my eye. She said that I have to wear my glasses for another week, and then to wear my contacts for like 4 or 5 hours a day, for a few days. She also said that it could have been caused by using the Kirkland Brand Saline Solution, cause it has harsh chemicals in it. So she wants me to make sure that I am using the Bausch & Lomb, or the Opti-Free solution on my contacts. I guess there really is a difference in name-branded stuff for some things.

2 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

That is Crazy!! I use the Kirkland brand too. That makes me never want to use it again. I'm glad to hear that everything is looking good. by the way cute Christmas photos!!! Looks like the kids had a blast. I love the ugly sweatshirts they are hilarious. We should definitely get together before Brian starts school on Jan 12th.

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh!!! Scary! I'm glad to hear you are doing better! When I first started reading, I thought for sure it was your blood clot! Glad it wasn't! I think you look cute in your glasses!