So last Sunday, I started to feel really achy and just not good. I had a fever and my body temp. was doing weird things, one minute I am freezing and shaking, then within 1 second, I am hot and sweating!! I have a cough, soar throat, everything. Not Fun!! I totally have felt like crap.
So on Tuesday, Makenna's birthday, I had all these plans, getting her ears pierced, going to Chuck-E-Cheese, so I sucked it up, and kept Tylenol in me. Well on the way home from Chuck-E-Cheese, I really was feeling sick, so I decided to stop into an Instacare. I get there and they check me in. The doctor comes in, gives me a strep test, says it came out negative. He said that it's just a flu bug. He gives me a prescription for my cough and tells me to fill it if my cough gets worse and is keeping me up at night.
So Thursday comes and I am still feeling all sick and I can't do anything, I have no energy, I am tired and trying to stop 2 kids from killing each other and the other one from crying, cause she's teething. And I just can't do it anymore, and I break down. I cry, and cry, and cry, and finally decide that I am going to go into my regular family doctor. So Matt's mom comes over and watches the kids and Matt's dad, Grant, asks me if he wants me to have him take me to the doctor, so I said, "Sure."
I get there and my Tylenol is started to wear off again, so here come the chills, the fever, the aches and pains again. I go into the doctor's office and my temperature is at 103*. I am totally shaking,cause I am freezing, and I feel like I am going to die, and am just glad I am in a Dr's. office. So my Dr. checks everything and comes back saying I have Pneumonia. They give me a shot of antibiotics, in my butt, and send me home with more antibiotics to take for the next 7 days!! So Grant takes me home, and I am so glad that he ended up driving me, cause I would have fallen asleep, or something. I was crunched up in a ball on the way home, and just shaking from the fever.
I get home and Matt's mom takes all three kids with her to her house and lets me rest. Then she comes back on Friday and takes them again, so I can rest again, and Matt just picks them up on his way home from work.
Needless to say I am so thankful to Susie and Grant for the much needed rest to get over this. I just couldn't believe that I had pneumonia. I have never had it before and I hope I never have it again, if this is what it is like all the time. Plus it must have been pretty bad for the Dr. wanting to give me a shot to get things going right away.
Saturday, I started to feel better, but I wasn't completely there, I still kept Tylenol in me, but today I feel pretty much back to normal.
So I was pretty upset that the Instacare Dr. couldn't tell that something was there, it was like he didn't really try. I don't know, I am just glad that I finally ended up going in to my family Dr. when I did and I really hope that nobody gets that, like I did, if you do call me and I will help with your kids, cause I know how it was!!!!
3 days ago
1 comments:
I am so glad for you that is all over!! How sweet of Matt's parents. Congrats to Makenna for graduating preschool, I wish Cameron's teachers would have put together a slideshow, that must have been soo cute!
Post a Comment