Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Makenna is 5 years old today!!

Today is my baby's 5th birthday!! I can't believe that my little 7 pound 1 oz. baby is now 5. I can't believe how big she has gotten and that she will be going to Kindergarten in August. Time sure does pass you by!! Makenna is such a sweet little girl and I love her so much. Happy Birthday Makenna, We love you!!! Here is Makenna today! 5 Years old.
Here is Makenna on her first day of church, so she was probably about a month and a half old!!!

Well for Makenna's birthday today, she wanted to get her ears pierced. She has been asking for the last month if it will hurt, and she gets teary eyed. I told her that we didn't have to get her ears pierced if she didn't want to, and she would say, "I want my ears pierced, but I don't want it to hurt." Well we went to Sweet & Sassy, today and got her ears pierced. She was so brave she didn't cry at all. After the first one, her eyes lit up, like "wow, that kind of hurts" But she got a hug from mom, and was all better and ready to do the second one. I was so proud of her for being so brave. I heard somewhere that red heads have more tolerance for pain. Maybe that is true!!


You can see that she has her eyes closed.
A Hug from mom!!

All done!!! She actually went with her baby cousin, Bailee and they both got them done together. Bailee screamed!!! I felt so bad for her, but they look cute!!
It's hard to see the earings in the pictures, but they are there. Actually, the first picture on this page, I think you can see them the best. They are little flowers in white diamonds, with a little blue diamond in the middle!!
Also for Makenna's birthday, she wants to go to Chuck-E-Cheese, so we are going there for dinner with my mom and dad and Matt's parents. Makenna has never been there before (she has just seen commercials on TV for it), so hopefully the kids will have fun!!




5 comments:

The Dabo's said...

Way to go Hood's. I didn't think you would let Makenna get her ears pierced until she was like 18. That's where Olivia got her ear's done, they do such a good job. Very cute Makenna!

Sonya said...

Happy Birthday Makenna, I love your pretty earings!

Stef said...

Happy Birthday Kenna! You look beautiful!

Nick and Tanya and Family said...

Wow 5 my baby is going to be 5 in Aug. I can not believe it. She is cute

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds so much fun! I can't believe she was brave enough to get her ears pierced! It took me forever and my daughter would not dream of doing it - she's too scared!!!! What a big girl! Annie