Makenna and Hannah had their dance recital on Monday, June 1st. We got there and the clouds sure looked like they were wanting to rain on us. They started the recital and Hannah got to do her 1st dance, Early Bird, but then a couple of dances after hers, it started to get really windy and starting to sprinkle, then it started to rain, then started to pour!!! During this rain, they just had the kids go back stage so they wouldn't get wet, but had everybody else stay and watch. Just as Makenna was walking out on stage to do her dance, Tiffany (the studio owner) came out and said that they were going to take a ten minute intermission to see if the rain would settle.
So I take off to the car with my sister Stef, running in the rain with Alexa, huddled under a blanket that is soaked and dragging on the ground, while Matt stayed behind under a tent to listen to what the end result was going to be. After about 20 minutes of the rain not letting up, they decided to postpone the recital till next week. Needless to say, this was one recital that we won't soon forget!!
Here are some pictures I took of the girls before we went to the recital!! Hannah in her little costume!
Makenna striking a pose, she wanted to do the lip thing!!
My cute little posers!!
Makenna with Kaybree before the show started, and before all the rain.
Hannah with Oakley, waiting so patiently!!!
3 days ago
7 comments:
Biy, those costumes are great!! They sure are better than the black leotard & white tights you had to do.
I do have to say that was quite the experience! Loved the first dance though. I cant wait to see the others tomorrow!
I would of been so bugged, because I know how much effort it takes to get those girls all beautiful like that.
hahaha!!! They look so cute!! I decided that I need to stay away from you guys for a little while....I see a reoccuring pattern with you and water!!! hahaha!!! :) Just Kidding!! Love Ya!!
You should have told me it changed, I would have come. I meant to come to the first one but forgot!
I couldn't believe the rain that night! I don't think we are going to go the the recital redo though! Makaylee got to do both of her dances, so I think we are good:). Your girls sure looked cute!
That brings me back!!! Miss you!
Post a Comment